Update on the ReSIs
The Recruiting Service Innovation Awards (the ReSIs) recognize groundbreaking sourcing and recruiting products and services that help to Optimize the Recruiter’s Experience.
The ReSIs have been established by the International Association of Employment Web Sites, and are open to any employment site or vendor that offers a recruiting or sourcing product or service designed for use by employers. For more information and to request a nomination form, please click here.
The following is the schedule for the award program:
- March 28, 2014: Nominations due to the IAEWS (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- April 27, 2014: Semi-Finalists announced (at the Spring Congress)
- May 5, 2014: Semi-Finalist User Survey begins
- May 19, 2014: Semi-Finalist User Survey closes
- June 25, 2014: Winners & Runners-Up announced in all five categories. The award ceremony will be held on the evening of the last day of the SHRM Annual Conference in Orlando, FL.
Job Boards Are Not Obsolete
Job ad distribution company and IAEWS member eQuest recently produced an infographic compiling a range of data that make indisputably clear Job Boards Are Not Obsolete.
The next time some self-appointed pundit or misinformed customer opines differently, send them here.
The 2014 Survey is Out
The 2014 IAEWS-Job Board Doctor Global Benchmark Survey, sponsored by eQuest, is now out.
Why bother to participate? It takes just 37 minutes to complete the survey and your return on that investment is truly extraordinary. You’ll get:
- Up-to-the-minute insights on the key trends and issues in our industry
- A way to compare your site’s performance to that of its peers by size, location, market and more.
So don’t wait another day. Click here to register and receive your copy of the survey.
What Can You Look Forward To By Participating?
What can you look forward to by participating? A lot!
- A private copy of two Final Reports. One from the Job Board Doctor analyzing the results of the trend and opinion portion of the survey and a second from the IAEWS with both text and graphical presentations of key findings and cross tabs for benchmarking your site.
- An invitation to the Survey Discussion Forum. This meeting, which is for survey participants only, provides an unique opportunity to explore the implications of the survey findings with other job board owners and operators. It will be held just prior to the IAEWS Spring Congress on April 26, 2014 in Nashville, TN.
The New Golden Rules of Job Board Success
The New Golden Rules of Job Board Success: Four Principles for Optimizing Operational & Bottom Line Performance is one of the few books written expressly for and about our industry.
It is a thought-provoking examination of the challenges and opportunities facing job boards in today’s rapidly evolving online employment services marketplace and the four key maxims for sustained site success. The book is a quick read, but one that will nudge you out of your comfort zone and into a more dynamic, more fulsome vision of what your site can and must be.
And there are these other titles from WEDDLE’s, the bookstore of the online employment services industry:
WEDDLE’s Guide to Employment Sites on the Internet. This is the 11th edition of the Guide the American Staffing Association called the “Zagat” of job boards and social media sites.
The Talent Sourcing & Recruitment Handbook. This is Shally Steckerl’s tell-all guide to his sourcing secrets and cybersleuthing for hard-to-find talent.
WEDDLE’s Guide to Association Web Sites. This book details the recruiting resources and capabilities that are available at the Web-sites of over 3,000 professional and technical associations.
Finding Needles in a Haystack. This one-of-a-kind guide lists over 25,000 keywords and keyword phrases, across 5,400 job and position titles in 28 industries and professions.
Sneak Peek at the IAEWS Spring Congress
The 2014 IAEWS Spring Congress will be held on April 26-27, 2014 in Nashville, TN just prior to and in the same location as the SHRM Talent Management Conference & Expo. As always, it and its Fall Congress cousin will be the largest gatherings of employment site executives during the year. So, don’t be left out – attend both events.
Here’s a sneak peek at the Spring Congress agenda:
Saturday, April 26, 2014
1:30 PM Spring Congress Registration Desk opens
2-5:00 PM Optional Pre-Conference Workshops
- Think Like an HR Buyer, led by Kara Yarnot, CEO Meritage Talent Solutions &former VP/Recruiting at SAIC
- Perfect Online Recruitment Content, led by Jessica Levinson, CEO of EnchantedCareers.com and the creator of the Post Perfect Training Program.
3-5:00 PM 2014 Global Benchmark Survey Discussion Forum
5-7:00 PM: Meet & Greet Cocktail Reception
7:00-Whenever: Optional Employment Site Music City Dine Around
Sunday, April 27, 2014
8:00 AM Registration Desk opens
9:00 AM Congress begins
Ted Daywalt, CEO VetJobs Congress Chair
5:00 PM Congress concludes
5-7:00 PM Networking Reception
Our Gold Sponsors: